Monday, October 10, 2011

Halloween Cake Balls

 At my house we are VERY into Halloween! So I definitely am very excited to be making and taking treats into my daughter's Kindergarten class many times this month!

This week I decided to bring in a not-so-healthy snack on Monday. This is what greeted the kids today... Ghost heads and Monster Eyes!!! Spoooooookyyyy! These adorable Halloween treats are called cake balls. They are a new fad in desserts these days and the directions I used can be found here.


I used a Devil's food cake mix and milk chocolate frostings for the cake balls, and white melting chocolate to cover them. I also found the awesome sparkly black gel in a tube at Walmart in the cake decorating section!
Cake balls are pretty easy, but do need to made with plenty of time before the event you are preparing them for as there is chill time involved multiple times in the process. I used 1 cake mix and was able to make about 54 cake balls. If you are a big pinterest fan as I am, you will be able to find lots of cute cake balls and cake pops on there for every holiday!

I couldn't resist trying one before I send them off to school! Yummy!

Stay tuned for more treats. Wednesday it is my turn to take in the HEALTHY snack for school, and it also is a Halloween theme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...