Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Speaking Strips- another way to slow down and clarify words

I created these speaking strips for one of my students.  We have been working on different ways to clarify and slow down his speech.  I thought it might be helpful to have visuals for phrases that he uses a lot.  Once I made the phrases I decided to put these syllable boxes underneath the corresponding pictures.

The goal is to have the student touch a box each time they say a syllable.  This will hopefully allow them to get every part of each word necessary for creating their sentence.

It may not work for every student but it is another method to try if you are working on improving the intelligibility of a student's speech.  
Enjoy
These materials were created with Boardmaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...