Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holiday Candle Holders

Hello! I have been a little slow at sneaking in posts to put up on this lovely blog, so I decided today was the day!  Here is a little intro about me: My husband and I met on a blind date (they sometimes actually work out!) and we  are now in Connecticut while my husband goes to dental school. Yay! We have a little monkey boy who we love to pieces! He is pretty much the sun in our lives. Marybeth posted their Halloween pictures, and Connecticut's Halloween was cancelled due to a crazy snow storm, so I dressed our little man up in his costume and took his picture. And since no one else got to see it, I thought I would show it to you!


*Hint* he is a dinosaur. Please ignore the background. We took them in my husbands office and I didn't really think about the background till after.
Ok, now to the actual reason for posting! I have this glass vase that sits on my dining room table that holds this candle. I have been trying to come up with ways to make it more festive, and I think I have finally found what I want to do with it! Tadaa!




First I gathered together materials to stick inside the vase with the candle. I have here some wicker balls, strips of paper (to add fall colors) that I twisted around a pencil to curl, and some chestnuts I found in Salem with Marybeth. 


Since it is Thanksgiving this month we came up with several things we are grateful for and typed them up into Inkscape. We played with the fonts a little bit and turned some sideways, we also measured the vase to know how much we needed to wrap around the whole vase, then they were ready to be cut on vinyl! Tys, my hubs, has a heavy duty vinyl cutter, so we slipped some strips of vinyl in there, and bam! We whipped out the words, weeded the extra vinyl, covered it with transfer tape and then stuck it to the vase.



Then I put in all of my fillers for the vase and I really love the way it turned out!




I don't know if I am loving the brown ribbon around the candle, I may take that off and use a brighter color instead. Then the brown wording will show up better probably.


 Anyway, I really like it a lot! If you have access to a vinyl cutter (we have a Black Cat cutter) you can use it to decorate and redecorate for all the seasons! Yipee for the cool things you can do with vinyl!


1 comment:

  1. You did such a great job on his costume! I love it! And what a cute centerpiece. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...