Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Not Just for the Little Ones behavior!!!

 So you, your spouse, roommate, child, sibling, parent etc might actually need to get yourself on of these bad boys!  Its a what I think what I say mediator!  I used this for a student on the autism spectrum initially and have since reccommended it multiple times for students (and adults) of all different ages and backgrounds.  Its very simple and very useful.
Lots of us have trouble with filtering what we are thinking for what we actually say.  Some of the following might have been included on this chart. Some might have actually been used by myself with some of my students!!

Think.......................................................................Say

Oh that lunch                                                                   Cold fish-head is not my favorite
looks so disgusting

I really wish you would                                                     Nothing
stop talking to me

NO!!YOU'RE WRONG                                                  Hmmm, are you sure about that?

She looks so big, I wonder                                                Whats up?
if shes pregnant

I hate this substitute                                                         Thats a nice shirt.


Anyway you get the idea.  There were a lot of things I could have thrown on here but you can fill in your own.  It worked very well for helping the students find other ways of saying things and learning a little bit more about the word "polite."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...